Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Supercar hell


I parked a rented Fiat Punto in the outdoor parking lot of a luxury hotel last week in Italy. It was empty, so naturally I parked as close to the ramp of the hotel entrance as I could. The next morning, I came out to drive to a meeting and found it surrounded by hundreds of supercars parked at all kinds of angles, as if they had been driven in at speed and left exactly as they had braked.
Imagine the sight. I am picking my way delicately through a maze of Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Maserati's and Porsche's coming up against dead ends and reversing back and forth desperately attempting to solve the parking maze. It seems it was a weekend away for a Czech supercar club who had spent the day driving to Italy.My Punto was, fortunately small enough to squeeze through the tiny gaps left by the owners of these supercars, who thought perhaps that surrounding my little car was an amusing diversion to their day.
I on the other hand was terrified of incurring an eye watering repair bill.
That said, I eventually found the exit to my supercar maze some 20 minutes later.
I was not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment